Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas | 2003-2008
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas, 121599
- H2S Certified
- IADC Well Control Certified
- Member SPE – 2006-Present
- SPE Balcones Section Scholarship Chair 2015
- SPE Balcones Section Program Chair 2009
Bruington Engineering, LLC | Petroleum Engineer
San Antonio, Texas | November 2014-Present
- Prepared drilling, completion, and workover procedures, along with accompanying AFEs for vertical and horizontal wells
- Prepared plugging AFEs and corresponding Railroad Commission forms
- Developed, supervised, and analyzed a step rate test on a disposal well that allowed the operator to increase the maximum surface injection pressure allowed by the Railroad Commission
- Witnessed calibration and quarterly testing of gas pipeline sales and buy back meters
- Provided well site supervision for hydraulic fracturing operations for vertical and horizontal wells
- Filed Railroad Commission forms and completion packets
- Provided technical engineering assistance to Bruington Engineering, LLC engineers and well-site consultants
Clayton Williams Energy | Petroleum Engineer, Reeves County Completions Team Lead
Midland, Texas | November 2009-November 2014
- Primarily focused on engineering, coordinating, and executing multistage hydraulic fracture treatments targeting the Wolfcamp, Bone Springs, and Sprayberry formations for two major fields in the Permian Basin
- Evaluated open-hole and cased-hole logs to determine optimal perforation placement and hydraulic fracture stage design for both vertical and horizontal wells
- Supervised on location more than 845 hydraulic fracture stages, 200 of which were horizontal completions including plug-and-perf and sliding sleeves
- Developed and use a dynamic spreadsheet to calculate and visualize stresses, thereby allowing better determination of cluster placement and stage length across horizontal intervals
- Used Fracpro to help optimize hydraulic fracture designs and monitor fracturing data while on location
Siesgen | Contract Engineer
San Antonio, Texas | August 2009
- Evaluated production and well downtime for a potential acquisition
BlackBrush Oil & Gas | Petroleum Engineer
San Antonio, Texas | June 2008-June 2009
- Oversaw production from over 30 oil and gas wells in the Austin Chalk and Buda formations in Frio County, Texas
- Successfully determined workover candidates and formulated
corresponding procedures to improve production
- Company representative on location during drilling, fracturing jobs, acid jobs, coil tubing, etc.
- Developed cost-saving AFEs for drilling and workover programs
- Effectively communicated with management and field personnel
- O. Azike, F. Ajisafe, T. Pope, C. Burkhardt, A. Helmreich, and M. Phelps. 2014.
3D Structural Modeling and Property Characterization for Optimized Completion Design in the Wolfcamp Formation, Delaware Basin. Paper SPE 168990 presented at Unconventional Resources Conference – USA, The Woodlands, Texas, USA, 1-3 April.
- F. Ajisafe, T. Pope, O. Azike, R. Reischman, D.Herman, C. Burkhardt, A. Helmreich, and M. Phelps. 2014.
Engineered Completion Workflow Increases Reservoir Contact and Production in the Wolfcamp Shale, West Texas. Paper SPE 170718 presented at SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition – Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 27–29 October.