Texas A&M University
M.E., Petroleum Engineering, 2014
University of Texas at San Antonio
M.S., Environmental Management, 1994
University of Texas at San Antonio
B.S., Geology, 1985
- HUET, Water Survival Training Center, Brookshire TX, 2012
- IADC/API Well Control School, February 2010, onshore/offshore, completions, coil tubing
- Various MISwaco and Baroid traning classes-List on request
- Baroid Drilling Fluids School 2001
- Safety and Survival School, Robert Gordon Institute of Technology, Aberdeen Scotland 1997
- Schlumberger Wireline Logging Interpretation School 1986
- Member AAPG since 1984
- Member SPE
- 27 years of experience as geologist, fluids engineer and well site supervision.
- Areas worked include south Texas, middle & upper (Deep) Wilcox trends, Edwards & Sligo-Stuart City Reef, Haynesville Shale, Eagle Ford Shale, west Texas Wolfcamp & Bone Springs, offshore GOM, and Uinta Basin (Utah), Alaska (Cook Inlet, North Slope, and Beaufort Sea), West Africa and North Sea (UK Sector)
- Experienced in major fluids company (Baroid, MISwaco, Newpark) SBM, OBM & WBM systems and software. Formulation and blending brines and completion fluids, including NaCl, KCl, CaCl2, CaBr2, clean-up pills, spacers and drill-in fluids for depleted reservoirs and multi-stage completions.
- Thorough knowledge of formation damage issues and prevention/remediation procedures including completions.
- Expert knowledge of solids-control, screen selection, centrifuge utilization, water filtration, cuttings analysis and waste disposal methods. Rig survey and implementation of total containment procedures in onshore and offshore operations. Logistics chain issues and stock-point capabilities including operator-to-operator transfers of fluids on deep-water rigs.
- Managed pressure drilling, including dual-gradient drilling and pressure profile analysis.
Bruington Engineering LLC
- Well design, AFE and budget analysis, reservoir analysis.
- On-site drilling and completions supervision including wildcat drilling and completion, live well entry and recompletion, slick-water and CO2 foam-assist fracturing, logging, perforating, squeeze cementing.
BLS Consulting LLC
December 2008-October 2013
- Lead MI Swaco fluids engineer Conoco Phillips Ramsey 1-H, 15,000’ horizontal well (OBM) in Wolfcamp Trend, Delaware Basin. Lead Halliburton fluids engineer, Repsol Qugruk Exploration project, North Slope Alaska. Completion fluids engineer on Conoco-Phillips workover operations, Kuparuk, AK.
- Lead fluids engineer, Shell Kulluk, Beaufort Sea. First U.S. Arctic Ocean drilling program in 30 years, Shell’s largest program worldwide.
- Drilling Fluids Engineer, CINGSA Project, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Fluids engineer on five high-angle gas injection wells for Enstar utility.
- Extensive experience in Eagle Ford Shale (south Texas) and Wolfcamp Shale (West Texas). Clients include Baroid and MISwaco, operators including Occidental, Questar, EOG, Devon, Petrohawk, Talisman and Encana. Fluids programs included WBM (lignite-lignosulfonate, Potassium Silicate and KCL-Polymer systems) and OBM. Other areas worked included Uinta Basin (Utah) and Haynesville, Eagle Ford and Bone Springs.
M-I Drilling Fluids | Drilling Fluids Engineer
- Lead engineer for Addax Petroleum on KCA Songa Tellus (jack up) and Saipem Scarabeo 7 (semi). Intelligent multi-phase completions utilizing FazePro reversible drill-in fluids.
- Lead completion fluids engineer for ExxonMobil Nigeria utilizing FazePro Drill-in fluid completions on the deep-water Erha project (Scarabeo 3), water depth 3600’.
- Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) projects in Isoko and Yenagoa areas
Halliburton Energy Services | Drilling Fluids Engineer
US Gulf Coast deep-water development in Boomfang and Nansen fields for Kerr-McGee Corporation. Blocks worked include Ship Shoal, Garden Banks, East Breaks. Rigs included the Diamond Offshore Ocean Star and Ocean Quest (both deep-water semi-submersibles) and the TransOcean Drillship Discoverer 534.